Sunday, August 16, 2009

140 Hours of Fame

Its been a very busy summer - and thus the summer has seemingly flown by. I cannot believe that the kids will be going back to school next week! Also, being busy and traveling a lot, there has been no blogging and very little progress made on 'The Beginning Of It All'. In point of fact, I have just restarted said painting for the sixth time. My execution is just not living up to my vision of what this should look like. Strange that it should be so difficult - the most difficult one for me so far - and I know what it should look like...

I will have a painting in the 140 Hours of Fame auction by the Galerie St. George. This will be a unique online, real-time, global art auction. http://www.140hours.com is the official website which won't be active until October.

I've selected Whimsy-Sunrise for this event. Gary Brant, @garybrant, is the owner of the Galerie St. George. I found Gary (or he found me) via Twitter. If you are on Twitter, follow Gary! This fantastic event is his brainchild and should be a wonderful experience.

In case I haven't mentioned this before - I love Twitter! I am still a relative newbie to Twitter but appreciate the ease in finding artists in other locales and being able to see their works, read their blogs and share communications with them. And yes, guilty pleasure for sure, but I do enjoy the tweeting repartee of @neilhimself and @amandapalmer also.

Will post more on '140 hours' and on the progress of 'Beginning' soon! Comments always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment